Thursday 19 August 2010

Folksy Friday: The Secret Garden

One of my favourite books is The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Mary finds the key to the secret garden buried outside with the help of a robin. The same robin shows her where the door is hidden beneath overgrown ivy. Once inside, she discovers that although the roses seem lifeless, some of the other flowers have survived. She decides to tend the garden herself. Mary wants to keep her new found garden a secret, but she knows she needs help tending it. She gets this help from Martha's brother Dickon. He seems to have a connection with all wild animals and plants. Mary gives him money to buy gardening implements and he shows her that the roses, though neglected, are not dead.

With this in mind I decided to go with a floral theme today.

Here are two of my Floral pieces

SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2

and now my floral picks of the week


SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6


Item 1. A Plum Rose Corsage by Nofkant's Curios
Item 2. A Purple Orchid Comb by Ickle Imogen
Item 3. Robin Suncatcher by Diomo Glass
Item 4. Flower Button Earrings by Damselfly Gemma
Item 5. Red Daisy Bag by Northfield Primitives
Item 6. Red floral purse by Moody Cow Designs

Hope you like my choices

May the Sales Fairy scatter her sales dust generously over all.

Jennie








4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog!

    Thank you so much for including my rose corsage! I feel very honoured!

    Natalie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jewellery! Such scrummy orange crystals.

    Thank you so much for featuring my button earrings amongst such wonderful foral goodies. Sarah's bag is especially yummy and so is Natalie's corsage.

    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including my robin!! I love Natalie's rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book and your pics are wonderful:) Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete